Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Newswire takes a pop

I've been exceedingly lax - and I apologise.

I've been Tweeting a lot lately but have neglected my blog. I enjoy blogging but have discovered Tweeting takes less time as one-liners are easier to fire out at will. And Will's getting hacked off about it...

And it would appear he's not the only one. I'm a regular follower of the excellent Petersfield Newswire - well I would be as they are mates of mine - and one of the guys sent me a Newswire-style story about my own site.

I've included it here for your delectation. Don't forget to check out their site for more. It's worth it...

Blog off

Petersfield residents have been mourning the sad demise of popular blog, Spunky’s Musings.

The witty and cutting-edge column written by self-confessed ‘fat herbert’ David Bowie has not been updated for the best part of a month and only spluttered into life on a few occasions this year.

"It’s a sad loss," said Bloggers’ Monthly spokesman Mr I Wright-Rubbish. "It always brightened my day to read some self-deprecating comment about Spunky’s weight loss, his kids ridiculing him, or the latest news on the farce that was once Portsmouth FC.

"My own personal feeling is that he was too upset over the Tiger Woods affair to carry on blogging. Either that, or he just couldn’t be arsed."

A spokesman for Petersfield Town Council, Bobby Bear, added: "At least it lasted longer than his stint with us…"

Couldn't be arsed? How very dare he...




1 comment:

  1. That Petersfield Newswire bunch sound much funnier than you - I'm off there for my daily dose of humour in future!

    ReplyDelete