Friday, July 02, 2010

Crosby stills gnashing teeth (Tenuous pun!)

Not that I plan on watching GM:tv in the future - not now I've converted Mrs B to the delights of BBC Breakfast - but I'm delighted to hear my one-man campaign for the removal of the vacuous Emma Crosby has succeeded.

Reports today indicate the airhead has been axed from the show aimed at vacuous airheads. Watching her trying to conduct a serious interview was akin to watching Wayne Rooney discussing the merits of dark matter with Stephen Hawking.

The Chiles/Bleakley partnership might even lure me over to GM:tv, if there are no serious issues to be addressed. But even the delightful Christine looks out of place when dealing with difficult topics. I suppose that's what comes from knocking around with over-paid, overweight footballers*.

*Yes I know I am overweight too, but I don't pretend to be a talented, professional athlete. Or just an athlete. Or talented. Or even professional... 

3 comments:

  1. Must be rubbish being as fat as Frank - and only managing 157 goals for Chelsea, winning THREE Premier League Champions medals etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how many Chelsea fans jump to Lampard's defence quoting his club acheivements. What about his performances at international level ... year after year?
    He's a good club player but not international class. And the sooner we realise that - not just about him but about others who excel in the 'world's greatest league' - the sooner English football will benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah 20 goals (21 if you count the outrageously disallowed effort against germany) in 82 games is terrible isn't it?

    Only four (or three) fewer than Geoff Hurst (one of your so called legends) - and slightly better than Emile Heskey's seven in 62 games, although I'm sure he's NOT a striker.

    Gerrard by the way has 17 in 84.

    ReplyDelete