Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Everything comes to those who wait?

I'm bored. It's 7.10pm and I'm at Nailcote Hall, Solihull, waiting to interview a few celebrities who've just come off the course in the British Par-3 Championship event.

All these interviews should have been over hours ago, but the event overran and the young lady who was supposed to have 'arranged' everything for me seems to have disappeared.

I'm now sat in the library waiting - probably in vain - for Steve Cram, Jasper Carrott and Peter Schmeichel to be brought through.

I suspect the three of them have no idea there's a fat bloke wasting away waiting for them . . . 

It's now 10 ten minutes later. I was right. They didn't. Jasper and Peter are here tomorrow I'm told. Why don't you see them tomorrow? And Steve Cram's in the bar.

"Does he know I want to speak to him?" I ask the PR girl.

"No idea," she says. "But he's here somewhere." So saying, she turns away before I get the chance to suggest she might be in the wrong job.

I've decided to go back to my hotel then meet up with a mate who works locally as a real PR consultant. I think I'll suggest I know where he can find a new client . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment