Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Four games, no points

Obviously I can't let Pompey's transfer-window activity pass without comment.

Apart from the obvious observation that the comings were funded by the goings, thus fuelling the argument that Sulaiman al Fahim has not a pot to do it in, I'm a little bemused by the signings.

We all know Paul Hart believes a strong defence is the answer - although we're not quite sure what the question was - but do we really need 24 defensive midfielders?

Even in his patented 4-6-0 formation - I believe steam trains once had the same configuration - that still means at least half our stock of defensive midfielders will have to sit out the match.

The forthcoming clash with Bolton should at least offer some clue as to how we'll be playing until January. But I don't imagine we'll be recording too many 4-0 victories.

PS Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Harry Redknapp?

1 comment:

  1. watched match of the day this morning and it struck me that how the Britannia Stadium is so alive with passion for Stoke that it lifts up a plainly mediocre team - like when Pompey's first 2 years in the Prem.
    Passion and uplift is what we need now!

    ReplyDelete