Monday, October 12, 2009

"Marge, you're as beautiful as Princess Leia and as smart as Yoda"


For the first time - no honestly - I may have to buy Playboy.

Apparently the next edition features Marge Simpson. It's not that I will get off on naked cartoon figures - that's yet to be tested and I would imagine Marge doesn't get her kit off - it's just that I am a massive Simpsons fans and the incongruity of it appeals to me.

That and I'm a sucker for anything Simpsons; I recently broke my Homer Simpson - "Mmmm...beer!" - bottle opener and I'm still distraught.

We also have a Marge wine-bottle stopper, a Homer Simpson magic 8-ball, eight DVD box sets, a Simpsons clock, Simpsons Cluedo - I can't stand the game but I love the little characters - Simpsons chess (it makes losing to a child much more fun), numerous books, wisdom of Homer socks and two cats called Marge and Lisa.

She who must be obeyed thinks I'm obsessed and 'sad', but surely it's an understandable obsession given that it is quite plainly the best television series ever - and don't just take my word for it, Time magazine said so as well.

I wonder if Matt Groening ever realised what he would spawn when he first drew Homer and Bart?

No comments:

Post a Comment